BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More love to everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Smile Welcome to Bloody Sakura Guild Forums! Smile
Smile You need 10 (non-spam) posts to access the forum downloads. Smile
Smile The forum is under lots modifications, please bear with us. Smile
Smile Remember to stay active! Say no to leechers. XD Smile
Smile If you want to apply go to the "Want to Join Bloody Sakura?" Section and Post your Applications there. Smile

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakura
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Okay, when I say simple I mean simple but unique and creative signature of your very own. It won't take much except tons and tons of patience. I remember my first time and I always seemed to struggle with it. But after years of experience, I want to lend a hand. :] Since we are in a forum, why not make a signature. Let's start!

For today’s lesson, I’m going to make a simple signature using a vector of a cute character and a nice background. A vector is basically a .png or a cut out of something.

Things you’ll need to accomplish a simple signature:
-Any version of Adobe Photoshop
-A vector or .png of your favorite anime/manga/game character of any size
-A nice/pretty background of any size
-Some brushes or patterns if you wish

Step 1:
Run Photoshop! :] The version I’ll be using for this tutorial will be Adobe Photoshop CS4. I also have Photoshop 7.0 but I have way more brushes on the newer one.

Step 2:
Make a new Photoshop file. Go up to the menu bar and find FILE and go down to NEW. A small window will come up asking for the height and width of your going-to-be signature. I prefer the 400 pixel width and 150 pixel height.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 207vo9d

Step 3:
Next, get a really nice background. I usually use ones where there are not a lot of whites since I’m using a vector. I have one already saved into my computer so I’m just going to open it. Now select all by pressing ctrl A and then copy the picture using ctrl C. OR Go up to the menu bar, go to SELECT then SELECT ALL then go back up to the menu bar, go to EDIT then COPY.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 1rrel0

Step 4:
Now go back to your signature and PASTE the background on there. You can use the MOVE tool to move the background around to find a part that you like.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial X29w9h

Step 5:
Now, open up a vector that you like. Notice how the background of your vector has a checkered background? That means the background is transparent! Usually, a vector will be larger than a signature so it’s best to resize it. My vector has an original width of 531 pixels and a height of 750. This is way larger than my signature! To resize, go to the menu bar, go to “IMAGE” then to “IMAGE SIZE.” Then just make your vector smaller. I’ll make mine 250 x 177. Then copy then entire image.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 20trmmc

Step 6:
Now, paste your vector onto your signature and use the MOVE tool to place the picture in any way you want. I always like to leave some space for my name or message! ;]

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 1sxo50

Step 7:
You noticed how both my vector and my background kind of blends together? Well, I don’t want that! We’ll now make the vector stand out. If you look to the right, you’ll notice that I have two layers for my signature, a layer for the background and a layer for the vector. Go to the layer with your vector on it and right click, then go down to BLENDING OPTIONS.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 29li4h0

Step 8:
A new window will pop up. Now here is where creativity comes in! At the bottom, you’ll notice a box and next to it is the word STROKE. Check the box. Notice how it creates an outline around your vector? Pretty cool right? You can always change the color by clicking the COLOR box and choosing a color. Make sure to choose a color that compliments not only the background but also your vector. I chose a light shade of pink that not only go well with my background but also my vector.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial V6p1z5

There are other things you can do too like DROP A SHADOW! OR even add an OUTER GLOW :]

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 2rop7hj

Step 9:
Now let’s add a name to this artwork! Click the TYPE tool. Click where you want your text to be and type it out in the color that you want! Now, we got have to make it look good. Find your text layer and right click on it. And then let creativity flow. I’ll use STROKE and OUTER GLOW again.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 24cegs6

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 2dh8spt

Step 10:
You are officially done! Now save the picture. Go up to FILE, SAVE AS, and you can choose between .jpeg or .png. I usually go with .png since the quality is better ;] TADA congrats on making a simple signature!

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 2qbgm02

If you feel like it’s too simple, there are a wide variety of things you can do to it! Like add in an overlay pattern onto the background or ever create a border. You can even add some brushes in there! :]

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial 29uu7aq

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Rc3v4o

There you have it! A simple tutorial right? ;] If you do make one, post your creation so I can see it! :] If you have questions just reply to this tutorial or just PM me. :]

Some things to remember:
1. Never over or under do your signature. Don’t add too much or too little. Too much to a signature is distracting and too little is too plain. Don’t add too much brushing or too much patterns.
2. Keep in mind a color scheme. Use colors that compliment your signature. Use colors that go together and make your picture look nice and pleasing to the eyes.
3. Never give up. Even when it’s tough, hold it out. If your picture turns out horrible, post it anyways! You worked hard on your work and it’s something to be proud of. If people criticize it, then take it. Learn from what they tell you so that next time, you’ll make something that’ll blow their minds!
4. Not all signatures look like this, this is just a simple, quick, and easy one to make! ;] There are so much more you can do! Creativity is key!

Thank-you for reading!
Back to top Go down
cboy123
Story Writer
Story Writer
cboy123

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Wahaahah thanks I hope I can see some ADVANCED Signatures like yours tutorials.
Back to top Go down
nomanright
Card captor
Card captor
nomanright

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 pm

XXDD thanks for the tutorial Very Happy i think i know what's wrong with my sig now Smile) tried to add too much into the sig ^^"
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:40 am

This might sound weird, but I wanted to make sure my tutorial works so I tried it. xD Thus, I ended up with this.

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Sy2kwz

I really like this one, it has an elegant feel to it! ;] The background doesn't stand out that much so I just added stuff to it. I used a 1 pixel stroke of white and added a shadow. ;]
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:47 am

nomanright wrote:
XXDD thanks for the tutorial Very Happy i think i know what's wrong with my sig now Smile) tried to add too much into the sig ^^"

Your welcome, nomanright! I'm glad I could help! :]
Back to top Go down
Alex-sama
Admin
Admin
Alex-sama

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:34 am

Nice tutorial! Thumbs up for Saki..

She can explain a lot way better than I do! Now people!

GO BUG SAKI REGARDING PS!!! XD

P.S. - Saki, teach them about the free transform tool, it's like the shortcut for a lot of editing. XD and... GOODLUCK teaching everyone! Very Happy and (another AND!) Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alex-sama
Admin
Admin
Alex-sama

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 am

nomanright wrote:

gorleh, it's common for new users to add a lot, since they're not exactly sure what to do, and tend to make a lot of experiments, in my opinion.. It's good. o-o"

and another...

P.S.

Marked this thread as a sticker.. XD
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:04 am

Hahaha okay. Transformation tool for text?
Back to top Go down
nomanright
Card captor
Card captor
nomanright

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm

XXDD if it's not too bothering for you saki ^^" though yeah o-o i'll agree that i normally had an idea, then cancels that idea to add in more ideas which made the whole thing worse ._." though i know how to use the free transform tool XXDD it's one of the first tools i used in PS XXDD (the first i used was the move tool LOL)

and now saki :O do you want a new rank? ^^ i can add a personal mini model and also the rank name if you want XXDD (just PM me the rank name you want and the character name, i'll try to find one mini model of it but idk how to custom make one >.<)
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:36 pm

nomanright wrote:
XXDD if it's not too bothering for you saki ^^" though yeah o-o i'll agree that i normally had an idea, then cancels that idea to add in more ideas which made the whole thing worse ._." though i know how to use the free transform tool XXDD it's one of the first tools i used in PS XXDD (the first i used was the move tool LOL)

and now saki :O do you want a new rank? ^^ i can add a personal mini model and also the rank name if you want XXDD (just PM me the rank name you want and the character name, i'll try to find one mini model of it but idk how to custom make one >.<)

O____O I don't know what kind of rank I should be!

And I'd love to make another tutorial but i don't know what! x]
Back to top Go down
nomanright
Card captor
Card captor
nomanright

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:23 pm

maybe i should give you the rank sensei? XXDD up to you to decide :p anyways o-o i'm not too used to photoshop so Surprised maybe any problem that you had in the past while you were making sig for the first few times? o-o"
Back to top Go down
Alex-sama
Admin
Admin
Alex-sama

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:54 am

nomanright wrote:
maybe i should give you the rank sensei? XXDD up to you to decide :p anyways o-o i'm not too used to photoshop so Surprised maybe any problem that you had in the past while you were making sig for the first few times? o-o"

Naa, I'm thinking of giving her another rank.. Just wait and see.. It's FOR the DESERViNG ones.

BTW, i don't know if this would be a bad news or good news for Saki. (All for the thrills. XD)
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 am

Alex-kun wrote:
nomanright wrote:

Naa, I'm thinking of giving her another rank.. Just wait and see.. It's FOR the DESERViNG ones.

BTW, i don't know if this would be a bad news or good news for Saki. (All for the thrills. XD)

I'm dont know if i should be happy or scared now! xD
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Oh! I just thought of a great tutorial, especially for the cleaner here at BSG! I'll do a stamp tool tutorial since it was one of the tools I got most confused on and I find it quite useful when cleaning, editing, and typesetting a manga! I'll probably use one of the pages from the mangas I've cleaned or something Very Happy.

Then maybe afterward, I would do another design tutorial...maybe an avatar tutorial! Very Happy I'll do it on Monday since I'll be working on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! blehhh ;[
Back to top Go down
nomanright
Card captor
Card captor
nomanright

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:19 am

:O avartar tutorial :O BANZAI Very Happy needed that one ^^ and i never used a stamp tool before i think o-o not too sure what it is.
Back to top Go down
cboy123
Story Writer
Story Writer
cboy123

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Move to a new section
Back to top Go down
xxaoitenshi
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:16 am

oh wow thats so cute!!!!
i havent used photoshop in a while but i think im going to start playing with it again <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial   A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Simple Signature - A Photoshop Tutorial
Page 1 of 1