BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More love to everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Smile Welcome to Bloody Sakura Guild Forums! Smile
Smile You need 10 (non-spam) posts to access the forum downloads. Smile
Smile The forum is under lots modifications, please bear with us. Smile
Smile Remember to stay active! Say no to leechers. XD Smile
Smile If you want to apply go to the "Want to Join Bloody Sakura?" Section and Post your Applications there. Smile

age which you belive you should start dating.....

Go down 
+19
Omochi
xoxopink
xxaoitenshi
davinademilo
Quinn-sama
sugarkitty
Pionfou
FLameAiRz07
elisa94
wildpenguin17
Morphine
lyght
xehnri
cboy123
gefisoba
Dr. Kitteh
WillTRiker
nomanright
yunni
23 posters
AuthorMessage
yunni
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

age which you belive you should start dating.....  Empty
PostSubject: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:00 am

Hi, ppl

just wanted to start off this topic with a bit of intro. i am a college student in my third yr , but i havent dated anyone. is that weird? im not sure but when i look around to my sisters or friends it seems so complicated. but i pick up on their experience and i see it more clearly then them sometimes. i mean i had crushes but i never really act upon them cuz the feeling wasnt so strong it was just like "i think he kinda cute and i wouldnt mind chatting and flirting with him" for a period of time. But when did you guys start dating? guys and girls are welcome to comment.
Back to top Go down
nomanright
Card captor
Card captor
nomanright

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:09 am

o-o well, i most likely shouldn''t be posting here since i didn't even date anyone before ^^" (already 18)

but well, i don't think there is a need for an age o-o since if you like someone (not just finding him cute) o-o you just can't say no to continue liking even if you're not at the age yet :O

though o-o i have friend who actually started dating in the primary 2(age: 12) kinda scary o-o and how they label guys as old when they reach 20-30 without a date :O but well, these are just my thought XD
Back to top Go down
WillTRiker
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
WillTRiker

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:51 am

Wrong person to ask I'm afraid as I'm terribly shy and the only dates I do have are with the woman that is now my wife.

Personally speaking I'd say it also depends on what you consider a date. For me a date is between to people that have romantic feelings for eachother. A simple trip to the movies between 2 people, regardless if one is a boy and the other a girl, just to see a movie I wouldn't consider a date .... I guess, hanging out would the better term?

I think the logical time is when puberty hits and that is not quite a fixed age allthough generally speaking I'd say 12 years is a wee bit early (but that also depends on the age of the other party).

And if I may play Dr. Phil for a minute. Next time you have a crush you should act on it. Love can hit like lightning, but it also can grow on you like a weed so you might give someone a chance even if you're not head over heels for that person. On a related note .... read an article somewhere that nowadays people tend to look to much for perfection. Don't wait for mr. right to come along as you might have to wait indefenitely and you could have been very happy with mr. good enough. (replace mr. with ms. depending on your preference Wink )
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:36 am

Thats not weird at all, it just means you haven't found anyone who is worth you Very Happy

I officially started dating when I was 11? and he was 16? it lasted about 10 months and I didn't date anyone for a while after that. Then my next boyfriend was 17 while I was 13, it lasted 3 months. A week after I dated my best friend, we went out for close to 2 years and broke up earlier this year. Then 2? weeks after I got with my current boyfriend whom I've known for 3 years or so and we've been together for 8 months already Very Happy I don't really look for anyone to "date" my idea of a boyfriend is someone who is closer than a best friend (though I don't have any best friends). I always end up breaking up because I just get bored (I know I sound mean >.<) and I don't like to get too close with people =/
Back to top Go down
http://www.goboiano.com/index.php
gefisoba
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:02 pm

I didn't get my first crush until my freshman year of high school, so I haven't had much time really to figure things out (I'm a college freshman now).

Only two of my eight close friends in high school have dated, so it's probably okay. I wouldn't worry about it! : )

Just be nice and friendly and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
cboy123
Story Writer
Story Writer
cboy123

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I DON'T DO DATES in my life! Men, I guess this will be hard for me.
Back to top Go down
xehnri
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:22 pm

yunni wrote:
Hi, ppl

just wanted to start off this topic with a bit of intro. i am a college student in my third yr , but i havent dated anyone. is that weird? im not sure but when i look around to my sisters or friends it seems so complicated. but i pick up on their experience and i see it more clearly then them sometimes. i mean i had crushes but i never really act upon them cuz the feeling wasnt so strong it was just like "i think he kinda cute and i wouldnt mind chatting and flirting with him" for a period of time. But when did you guys start dating? guys and girls are welcome to comment.

I can relate. I haven't liked anyone enough (or have been liked enough by someone to be -seriously- courted) to actually date.

In our country, Philippines, this kinda thing is normal so I'm not worried. Besides, my mom got her first boyfriend when she was already in graduate school (uhm.. post-medicine course?) and when she met my dad, she was working.

I think dating while you still have a lot of -school- to face is pretty inconvenient. Feelings... I totally, agree, they are complicated. Furthermore, LOVE HURTS. And when it does, it can get distracting. It's a personal preference, I don't want to deal with teenage boys right now >.< at this age, very few are serious and I don't want to go into a relationship I will regret!

Not interested in having several exes @_@, coz I don't feel like saying "I love you (as a 'the' guy)" to several guys... again, it's a personal preference. My advice is, don't do something you will regret and always keep in mind that love can hurt both parties (you and the guy ^^).

~~ EDIT btw, I'm 20 y.o. now. I haven't dated a guy yet but I'm considering now because I'm going to graduate my first course. I intend on going ahead to medical school, well.... I'm kind of planning to look for 'the' guy there. I have been looking so far and have seen 2 good prospects, but that's another story @_@. I'm practicing putting on make-up ^^ lol.
Back to top Go down
lyght
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 am

I really don't think there's a certain age where you can and can't date anyone. Right now for me, I just want to enjoy life to the fullest and that doesn't necessarily means that you need a bf/gf. Also, there are things you can do when your single and in a relationship so I don't really think it's weird if you don't have a bf/gf around those ages. But then again, what do I know, I'm only 14 Razz
Back to top Go down
Morphine
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Morphine

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:19 pm

well ı think ıts a really hard question..
ı started dating at 15
Back to top Go down
wildpenguin17
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 pm

When you are in middle school maybe. Dating has different meanings to different age groups I think. I'm almost 17 and I haven't dated. I don't feel deprived though. I'm pretty sure you will date someone. I always think it come naturally. I think dating is not as big as a commitment of being in a relationship, so maybe your sisters/friends are in relationships and past the dating part. That's why it seems so complicated??
Back to top Go down
elisa94
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 am

I've never dated anyone in my 16 years life-.-"
Most of my friends have at least dated once and one of them always tease me for not having a boyfriend since I like Korean guys alot Sad
As for me, i think it is better to start dating after university life? Shocked
At least one could enjoy their life first before deepening in a relationship which you need to think more and waste some time for that partner? Smile
Back to top Go down
cboy123
Story Writer
Story Writer
cboy123

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 pm

elisa94 wrote:
Most of my friends have at least dated once and one of them always tease me for not having a boyfriend since I like Korean guys alot Sad
At least one could enjoy their life first before deepening in a relationship which you need to think more and waste some time for that partner? Smile
A girl and a Korean, right?
Asia people are usually shame at facing an opposite sex especially when they got a "loving feeling" or known as "Crush". Hey, looks like we could to some "Dating" Here. Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
FLameAiRz07
Just Joined
Just Joined
FLameAiRz07

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 pm

lyght wrote:
Right now for me, I just want to enjoy life to the fullest and that doesn't necessarily means that you need a bf/gf. Also, there are things you can do when your single and in a relationship so I don't really think it's weird if you don't have a bf/gf around those ages. But then again, what do I know, I'm only 14 Razz

Yeah!! same point! It isn't weird not to have any gf/bf on your age. Well, I haven't experienced having a relationship with someone but, what can you do when you don't really love the person? I mean, yes you do think he's cute or whatever, but like what you said, your feeling isn't strong.
For me, when you date someone, you should love him truly.

Spoiler:

Yup! It's normal here in our country. But some of my classmates got their bf/gf since grade school.. (gaahhh) but most of them broke up in just a short period of time and then they'll find a new one after that. =_=
It's good that he becomes your inspiration in doing some things but there are also times that you can't do anything because of him. (just like what's happening to a person I know) [Well, it depends on each person though].
It's the worst when you two broke up and then you got depressed that will it make you go crazy.
As for me, I would start thinking of dating someone after finishing college and when I already have a job ^^.

Back to top Go down
Pionfou
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:46 am

Whenever you feel ready is best (unless it isn't Laughing) as for me I don't think too hard about anything if it happens it happens. I'm too immature right now (even if I'm 20) for a relationship.
Back to top Go down
sugarkitty
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:16 pm

It honestly depends from person to person... when you feel the time is right, then go for it.

Actually, I totally feel the same way as you. : | I see all my friends and schoolmates talking about boys and boys and boys and I just listen to their stories and go, "Oh, really?" But then I don't get to contribute anything important because well, I don't have the experience.

Studying in all-girls school isn't helping any, either. = m =

Anyway, good luck! : )
Back to top Go down
Quinn-sama
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 pm

well, i started dating at 13 with my childhood friend in USA, and we broke up after i finished my middle school, because i had to move to Australia. And now i've gone out with an australian boy for almost 2 year. And dating really affects my score, because my score is really bad lately because of this. i think the common age when they should start dating is when they're 14/15. Wink
Back to top Go down
davinademilo
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 am

I'm a little old fashioned I guess and am thinking of the safety of my daughter, but I think 16 is a good age.
Back to top Go down
xxaoitenshi
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:09 am

well... id say high school or college.
i just find elementary school kids going out... stupid.
seriously.
and middle school students is OK sometimes i guess. but most of the time im just like "no. ur not cool"
Back to top Go down
xoxopink
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:34 am

Well, anything considered a "serious" relationship shouldn't really be done in college. Dating can be anywhere from junior high and up I say. I am in college and I see people get engaged left and right, and all I can think of is that it's too early still.. when you graduate, at most you're 23. There are a few more years you can add to that before people start to get engaged.

Oh, and I've never had a boyfriend either, lots of one time dates and nothing. I also think I'm just not in the mindset of having a boyfriend. Being a bio major is tough already, so having to give your time and effort to someone else is pointless if I can't even take care of myself.

It does suck sometimes though cuz my sorority is full of girls with boyfriends and it's awkward being the odd one out. Hey, it's fine with me though. I just haven't met someone I've clicked with yet. :]
Back to top Go down
elisa94
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:28 pm

cboy123 wrote:
elisa94 wrote:
A girl and a Korean, right?
Asia people are usually shame at facing an opposite sex especially when they got a "loving feeling" or known as "Crush". Hey, looks like we could to some "Dating" Here. Hahahaha
I'm a girl and an Asian but not Korean, hehe Smile
I am somewhat shy when it comes to face the opposite sex T_T
Anyway, i guess we can do "DATING" here as a single forever^^
Back to top Go down
Omochi
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Omochi

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:08 am

You don't start dating till you're married! Razz

Hahaha, just kidding. I have no idea where I heard that line from but don't worry. I think I'm older than you and I still haven't dated anyone. I just have no desire to do any of that. In my opinion, you find the best people when you're not trying to find them.

I think that when you're actively looking, you sometimes kind of project what you want onto others whether or not they actually have the qualities you're looking for. It's the rose coloured glasses effect.

I agree with the comment that dating has different meanings to different age groups. When you're younger a lot of times, even if you're physically mature, you are normally not mentally mature enough to handle a serious relationship (this however goes with adults also). So it really depends on yourself. I find that people who say they're ready for a relationship, normally aren't (they just think they are). So just letting things occur naturally is probably best.

You should enjoy yourself doing things you want while you're young, not looking for dates (unless it's an event or something). You'll eventually find someone out there for you. I'm a firm believer in the red string thing. Everyone's got their string tied to someone else. It just may take some time to find.

Last edited by Omochi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pixie
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 am

I started at 12-13. Puppy love, lasted for almost 2 years. I think nowadays, 15 would be a good age to start.
Back to top Go down
allymariee.
Just Joined
Just Joined
allymariee.

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 am

There really isn't an age to start dating, just the feeling you know you're ready ^_^
Back to top Go down
faechilde
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Personally coming from the stand point of someone who is older, I think kids should date until they are out of school, emotionally equipped to deal with a serious relationship, the ups-and-the downs, as well as the possible consequences of pregnancy, the possibility of marriage and etc.

Most kids today and back when I was young dated not because they had deep feelings for the other party but because of peer pressure or wanting to be one of the crowd. I.E. Not looked upon as strange or left out of the loop because they were single.

Really, as has been mentioned, going to the movies or out to eat with a member of the opposite sex or even someone of the same sex, doesn't mean you are dating. It just means that you both have mutual likes and have agreed to see the movie together or go out for a hamburger together.

Youths should concentrate on their education because their education and good grades are what's going to help them get college assistance, get a good job and equip them to deal with things that they don't necessarily have to deal with when they are in school.

Just my thoughts. Smile
Back to top Go down
ednaeleva
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:25 pm

You should start dating when the guy or girl you like ask you out, there's no point in going out with someone you don't like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: age which you belive you should start dating.....    age which you belive you should start dating.....  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

age which you belive you should start dating.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BloodySakura :: Guild Lobby :: 3Cs = Casual Chit Chats-
Jump to: