BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More love to everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Smile Welcome to Bloody Sakura Guild Forums! Smile
Smile You need 10 (non-spam) posts to access the forum downloads. Smile
Smile The forum is under lots modifications, please bear with us. Smile
Smile Remember to stay active! Say no to leechers. XD Smile
Smile If you want to apply go to the "Want to Join Bloody Sakura?" Section and Post your Applications there. Smile

Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?

Go down 
+4
pixie
akuma
Omochi
davinademilo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
davinademilo
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:02 am

Recently I've been pressured to get a Kindle of other like device to read my manga. Well, I am a fan of having the actual book. There's something about the feel of the pages, and the smell of the ink, and the look of the print and art on the page, the sound of turning the page or running my fingers down the page or opening the book far enough to see the artwork. It's a whole body experience for me, right down to my spirit. *sighs*

I certainly see the benefits to having electronic devices and don't disagree with that at all. I just fancy the actual book better. I love and appreciate scanlations and the e-books aren't any different. I just want to have the book in hand. To me it's much more comfortable to curl up in a chair with a good book and a cup of tea than an electronic device. Something is lost there. That's why I go and buy the manga that I came to love through scanlations as soon as it is published here.

Tell the forum what your perspectives are here. Perhaps your perspective may persuade me otherwise. Perhaps your perspective will give us something else to consider in our decision to go electronic or not. Come to the table and we'll hear you out.
Back to top Go down
Omochi
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
Omochi

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:37 pm

I prefer printed copies of my books. There is nothing like turning the page and being able to feel your progress through the book as you read it.

I love books. I can't get enough of them, but I understand the lure of those electronic readers too. It's compact. I could bring around books in the hundreds (is it even capable of holding hundreds of books?) without having to haul a hundred books. It saves paper and trees. I could carry my whole book collection around with me like a true nerd but it all seems too easy to lose. Run out of battery power and you're left bookless till you can recharge.

It feels like one wrong button/click/setting and I could lose my whole electronic book collection. I think i would seriously cry if that happened. I think the only time I would get a reader is if my school text books provided free electronic copies with the printed copies (I think some actually do, but never any of the books I use D:).

Most of the time I find electronic books prices are not different enough to make me want an electronic copy. I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck with the printed copy. I have to admit that it'd be nice not to worry about accidentally bending pages or cracking my book spines with a reader (a pet peeve of mine). Those readers would definitely clear up shelving space but there's something about seeing a full bookshelf that I like. It's cozy in a way.

Last edited by Omochi on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akuma
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
akuma

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 pm

That's true~ And the "smell" of the books are the best! And printed ones feel more real than those electronic ones. That's what I think
Back to top Go down
pixie
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:32 am

I like books and I have too many, at this point a e-reader sounds good. I've been eyeing the Velocity Cruz but it's an android now, waiting for better improvements on it.
Back to top Go down
riana_chin
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 pm

I have a Kindle, but to be honest, I prefer books! I love the feel and smell of books!

To me, the kindle is convenient because it can store many books and is very portable. It's not heavy like hardback books. However, there is one problem I have with all ereaders, it is the font size. It can be very small depending on your file. I always have to change the settings and orientation of my kindle so I can read it without ruining my eyes.
Back to top Go down
ednaeleva
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I loooove books, but you can't walk around with tons of books on your back.
Back to top Go down
akuma
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
akuma

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:55 pm

That's true~
It has it's good and bad points.
Back to top Go down
olinatasha
Just Joined
Just Joined

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:08 am

I prefer the book. Something about the feel of the pages, the smell of the ink, the look of the pen stroke, the sound of the binding as I open it and turn the pages just makes me feel good. I also know that it's not as easy to loose a book than and electronic file. Though I do understand the benefit to ebooks. It saves our forests and benefits our planet in that way.
Back to top Go down
nomanright
Card captor
Card captor
nomanright

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:31 am

well i doubt it actually saves forest and stuff, since it just effects it in a different way (which is still cutting down trees, burning them instead of making papers to generate electricity and wala) though yeah i prefer books too, easier on my eye, also no waiting for the next page for 1min++ when you have a slow net =_=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?   Kindle or the Book?  Which do you prefer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kindle or the Book? Which do you prefer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BloodySakura :: Guild Lobby :: 3Cs = Casual Chit Chats-
Jump to: