BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
You have successfully gotten into the secret Sakura gathering spot
BloodySakura
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More love to everyone!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Smile Welcome to Bloody Sakura Guild Forums! Smile
Smile You need 10 (non-spam) posts to access the forum downloads. Smile
Smile The forum is under lots modifications, please bear with us. Smile
Smile Remember to stay active! Say no to leechers. XD Smile
Smile If you want to apply go to the "Want to Join Bloody Sakura?" Section and Post your Applications there. Smile

Skip Beat!

Go down 
+25
Mio
pixie
kalliniki
xoxopink
xxaoitenshi
Pionfou
Morphine
funky_fish
kayuki
Manga
Kivutar
gefisoba
Ryouko
yunni
narusenpai
kawaiiusagichan
Momo
alisonkay09
cookymon
hikaru_424
theblackrabbit
KrimzonStriker
Zakityn
Dr. Kitteh
fritefal
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:57 am

Skip Beat! Skip-b11

Author: Nakamura Yoshiki

Summary: (Taken from Shojo Beat)

Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence—she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

Who loves Skip Beat as much as I do? I'm in love with this series, it's my favorite manga. I was devastated with OneManga shut down since I read most of my manga from that website, like Skip Beat. I've collected most of the volumes in this series. I'm a Ren fan (don't you think that picture is yummy?), but I also like Shou, too. Who do you think Kyoko will end up with?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:46 am

ME!! I'm a total Skip Beat fan =D

I remember when I first saw this manga, it was in a Shounen Jump issue and they were advertising Shoujo Beat and I was dying to read it. Then, when I was finally able to, I fell in love with it. I absolutely love Kyoko and her comedian attitude and charisma *-* I'm a KyokoxRen fan =D

You can read it here: http://manga.bleachexile.com/index.html or http://www.mangareader.net/117/skip-beat.html or http://www.mangaeden.com/En/Skip%3D_%3DBeat/ xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.goboiano.com/index.php
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:06 am

Thanks for the links, Dr. Kitteh! I can't remember how I started reading Skip Beat! (It was a longtime ago.) Just that once I got a hold of the first volume, I couldn't stop. Kyoko's determination and her natural charm is so addicting; you just have to keep reading to see what she'll do next. It also doesn't hurt that Ren is really sexy. Very Happy Kyoko still has a ways to falling in love with Ren, but we can hope it won't be too long!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:49 am

No problemo~ *-* I need to get Skip Beat volumes, I has none ;____; Inorite, every time I read Skip Beat I have a smile on my face because of Kyoko. I'm really liking how the story is progressing, and how Kyoko has become sort of a temptress for Ren *-*
Back to top Go down
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Me too, Skip Beat makes me happy (as good manga should!).

I know what you mean. Ren's trying, we'll give him that. I feel so sorry for him. He really did fall in love with such a clueless girl, in matters of love anyway. He tries being subtle. Doesn't work. Then he tries not being subtle. Still doesn't work since Kyoko just doesn't get his intentions. It's good for Shou, who managed to steal Kyoko's first kiss, but it must be frustrating for Ren!

By the way, I love your rolling sushi. It's adorable. ;D
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Well of course, I've read a lotta manga that just made me feel blehish, but Skip Beat always leaves me wanting more (damn the two weeks wait for new chapters >.<)

Well to me he's just trying not to love her, Ren knows and is fully aware that Kyoko can't love, or, that the only thing she wants to do is defeat Shou. Which was why Ren, at one point, made Kyoko seriously think about her acting career and not Shou (which he is jealous of). I so want to find out Ren's past, and I think that with the chapters to come, and his role as Cain would bring out his myserious past.

Also, thank you very much, click my Vincent and Colonnello~~
Back to top Go down
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:16 pm

They're all beautiful. Very Happy

Still, it must be tough for Ren. I mean, he's kind of contradicting himself. He wants her to notice him as a man (he's a little unfazed that she didn't appear to be affected of him in the shower in Chapter 161) even though she's still hell-bent on revenge. But at the same time, he says he's not capable of loving anyone due to his past. I'm just really happy he's finally confronting his inner demons, though I am a little confused about the Cain Heel arc. It should all make sense in a few chapters, I think.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 am

Trust me, not all mangas are beautiful, have you ever read the Deep Love Series by Yoshi Yuu? That was just heartbreaking ._.

True that, but he knows how Kyoko can get, when she is totally in a role it is like she is that person. I don't think he's capable of loving anyone other than Kyoko, I mean she had been in his both his past when he was "Corn" and is with him in the present. And honestly, all new Skip Beat arcs are a little confusing .-. Until it reaches its end is when you fully understand it. Whenever a new Skip Beat chapter is released, most of the time I have to read the previous chapter so I can refresh what is going on.
Back to top Go down
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 am

I was talking about your Vincent and Colonnello. But you're definitely right. Some manga aren't drawn wel,l so it really puts me off. When I read manga, I look for how well the mangaka draws and the plot. Sometimes, the plot outweighs the drawings, so I keep reading, hoping it'll get better, and other times the drawings AND the plot are terrible, so I stop reading.

That's part of Kyoko's charm. I love when she gets that spark of inspiration, like when she got so into her role as Natsu and when she acted out Kuon. That's what I love about her. I really want to know about Ren's former life. Yoshiki Nakamura keeps revealing his past in small bits, and I'm getting very eager to know what sort of things he did before.

I have to go back and read, too. It's really inconvenient that new chapters come out every two weeks. I like reading them all at once; it builds momentum.
Back to top Go down
Zakityn
Flame Haze
Flame Haze
Zakityn

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 am

<3 Skip beat is one of the only manga that I continue reading that is ridiculously long and slow in terms of updates and it isn't the most high end of my art fancies Razz

I LOVE the plot and especially the very one-sided love triangles!

@fritefal: totally get what you mean, more often than not I sometimes read manga that has excellent art that isn't in my normal reading spectrum like horrors/psychological ones.
Back to top Go down
http://inktsy.tumblr.com
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 am

@frite: Woops, sowwy about that. But its the same thing with me, when I read a manga both the plot and art has to be good. However, if the plot is amazing and the art is not so well I might just continue reading it, but in all I need good art (and smexy bishies Very Happy)

Inorite, and I love how she reacts when she gets a new job and role. She is absolutely happy, but, if she can't grasp her role, she's not afraid to go to someone (Ren) for help. Same >.< The only thing we know for sure is that he was the one who gave Kyoko the stone thing when she was young.

Well at least is doesn't come out once a month, like Vampire Knight >.<

@Zaza: I find that the art goes with the story, if Kyoko was one of those preppy, pwetty gurls she wouldn't have as much appeal as she does. Not to say that Kyoko isn't gorgeous, cause she is.

Kyoko (Revenge on Shou)
Ren (Loves Kyoko but doesn't want to show it and suppresses his feelings)
Shou (Wants to "possess Kyoko and beat Ren)

So simple yet so amazing 8D
Back to top Go down
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 am

@Dr. Kitteh: It's no problem! Very Happy

Ahh, yes, but Kyoko is so picky about her roles. It's gotta be rich girl, princess, fairy, or prince, or else she won't get into her role. I think it's really funny, but it definitely is a major weakness. I do love when she finally does get into her role. It's like her entire person changes.

Yepp, we know the stone is from Corn (though we haven't seen it in a few volumes), and that Ren felt suffocated under his father's fame. Didn't you think young Kuon was adorable? He looked like an angel!

@Zakityn: The waits for Skip Beat! are long, but definitely worth it! I love this series.

You're absolutely right about the "very one-sided triangles." It's so one-sided on Ren's and Shou's part that it's comical and slightly sad. >.>
Back to top Go down
Zakityn
Flame Haze
Flame Haze
Zakityn

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm

hahaha omg...yeah but the oddness of the triangle, and the depth that we explore their relationships..I really have NO idea who she'll end up with....okay that's a lie...I personally suspect Ren? but at the same time it's like arrghhhh poor sho...he's just so slow D: but stilll mehhhh it's enough interest waiting Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:09 pm

@Frita:Well at first she was, recently Kyoko hasn't been complaining at all. And so far, Kyoko hasn't really gotten any roles around the themes of princess, fairy, or princes. I think she did had a rich girl role if I'm not mistaken, where she was required to do a ceremony I think? Or was she just filling in, I'm not sure >.< But, inadvertently she is like a princess when playing the role has Cain Heel's sister, though I don't think she'll be playing that role anymore =/

He was absolutely adorable and he could fly~!

@Zaza: It'll be a long, long, long time before she ends up with anyone xP But I'm rooting for...Ren!
Back to top Go down
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:33 pm

@Zakityn: It's definitely going to be Ren, or else I'm protesting. ;D

@Dr. Kitteh: That was in the beginning, volume 2, I believe, before her debut. The director was simply using her to correct the actual actress's bad attitude. Kyoko also later realizes that her only skills in acting originated from helping Shou, and that leaves her a little depressed. But you're right, she's definitely acted the rich girl, Mio in Dark Moon, even though she didn't like it in the beginning since Mio is so dark and twisted. She did a fantastic job in that drama though. Yay, Kyoko. :]

Yeah, I can see how she would be like a princess to Cain Heel, but boy, is that awkward for her. Especially the shower scene... ? >.<"

Kuon was absolutely the cutest fairy prince I've ever seen. Kyoko's naivete in believing he is a fairy prince was also very cute. <3
Back to top Go down
Zakityn
Flame Haze
Flame Haze
Zakityn

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Kitteh: Zomg...yeah..but the length isn't really protestable either because their interactions are so cute x3

frite: LOL Her bouts into childlikenesss make me cringe xDDDD
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 pm

@Frita: Oh yes, I remember when she also fractured her ankle and Ren carried her Razz Well, I think she had acting skills all along, I mean even Ren was surprised when she perfected her role as Mio in Dark Moon, it was like she was born to play that role. But Shou did help it to evolve. When Kyoko acted as Mio I was just like O_O the whole entire time, I did not think she had it in her to play that, especially since she's always such a cheerful girl.

The shower scene was so cute! I read it like 3 times just because of Ren's expression 8D
I also loved that when she was in the shower, Ren decided that he could hide himself in a cacoon, then, when he woke up, he tried to fix his cowlick by adding more to it. That just melted my heart.

Well Kyoko is always living in princess land, and she deserves to since she had a crappy childhood with her mom leaving her.

Btw, I've always wondered what happened to her dad, there have been absolutely no mention of him
Back to top Go down
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:28 pm

@Zakityn: Her bouts of childlikeness are great! They provide the comedic relief, which is why Skip Beat! is perfect. A good blend of comedy with intense drama.

@Dr. Kitteh: Kyoko was a cheerful girl. Very optimistic, always willing to help Shou. After he left her, she became very twisted, I think. She still acts cheerful, but the damage can't be undone. Her grudge Kyoko would never have been released if it weren't for Shou, which is why I think it's unfair that he's suddenly interested in her now that she's in show business. It's deplorable of Shou. >:[

Ren was really affected by Kyoko but acted relatively normal afterward. Then again, so did Kyoko. They both freaked out, but neither wanted to admit it to the other. I thought that was cute.

Now that you mention it, we haven't learned anything about her father, and we only know very little about her mother, as well. Just that her mother was a workaholic, who had unbelievably high expectations towards her daughter. Kyoko would have died without Kuon's support and his stone.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:44 pm

In my opinion, Kyoko is still a cheerful girl, especially after Ren questioned her real motives behind acting, not joining show business cause we all know she did that to take revenge on Shou. Well of course, Kyoko could never forgive Shou nor can she forgot what he has done for her in both the past and in the present by making her realize her true talents. Shou just wanna be on top, and not have a country bumpkin like Kyoko defeat him xD He still thinks he owns her though -__-'

Same, but it definitely helped Kyoko grow and learn to accept any roles that came her way.

Yeah, I've always wondered about him, I have a feeling that he's alive and watching over Kyoko maybe? I dunno, its just a feeling, I could be wrong. I also feel that Kyoko's mother is also watching Kyoko, but maybe cannot recognize her? Or is just dead @_@ And Kyoko also had the support of Shou you know, even though he never touched her, he was always there watching her cry, so I guess she wasn't exactly crying alone. He could've at least hugged her or held her hand x( And his family did provide a place for Kyoko and she did learn a lot working at his family's inn.
Back to top Go down
fritefal
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:06 pm

I suppose Kyoko is cheerful at times, but only when it involves things or people she likes, like Moko. But her childhood from being bullied at school to being rejected by her mother has left her really scarred. She just never truly acknowledged all the suffering she went through until the reason she was suffering, clearly Shou, left her. For this reason, she cannot forgive Shou.

When Shou thinks that he still owns Kyoko, I feel that it is merely his growing possessiveness (and dare I say love?!) of Kyoko. I believe that he is developing feelings for Kyoko, especially in the Dark Moon arc and later the Valentine arc, even if he does not realize or is not accepting them.

In a way, Shou was Kyoko's everything, especially when she was a child. The only problem is he never straightforwardly reciprocated her feelings, as you mentioned. He was kind of useless as a child, wasn't he? He probably should have hugged her when she was crying, but in a way, he knew his comforts would seem fake.

Anyway, new chapter of Skip Beat! came out, and it confused me the first time I read it. So I'm off to read again. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kitteh
Sakura Guardian
Sakura Guardian
Dr. Kitteh

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:32 pm

True, true. You're right. But I do hope that Kyoko moves on from her past once and for all and grasp her potential as an actress fully and move on with her head held high. All of the suffering she went through has left her incapable or loving x(

Love my ass, I think that Shou knows that Ren has feelings towards Kyoko, and is purposely exploiting the fact that he is Kyoko's childhood friend and that he is the one Kyoko thinks about the most (even if the feelings are good or bad). Shou simply wants to be number one and steal all the spotlight from Ren.

That, and Shou was afraid. He didn't know what to do and could only watch on (that, or he knew what to do, but as a child, he could not think straight enough in that kind of situation).

Yay for new chapters! High quality v
http://www.mangaeden.com/En/Skip%3D_%3DBeat/162/

This chapter left me laughing at the end. Well least start from the beginning: I was happy to see Yoshiro again and was surprised that he didn't act jokingly and teasingly to Ren, just as Ren taught he would. Knowing Yoshiro, that would be something he would do, but, then again he does have his "ice man" personality, so I dunno.

Kyoko was just to @_@ when she was buying the sexy underwear. Its a shame that she has to be cut from the role, well she didn't officially have the part but still, it was heartbreaking how she was so into the role that she would go and buy those stuff to fit the role and then be cut from it =/ And Ren has to tell her that she will no longer be playing the role!

As for the ending, gosh Kyoko, she really does live in her own world. She got so excited when she taught she was going to see a real live fairy, it was like watching a child. But it turned out to be Ren, who, inadvertently is her own personal fairy, as Kyon.
Back to top Go down
KrimzonStriker
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:25 am

Ah, a Skip Beat! Discussion thread, I hope things pick up soon in regards to the latest arc, I've always been rather curious about Ren's dark past since we got hints too it, and I hope he finally manages to come to peace with it in order to bring that can of whoop down on anyone who crosses him from now on :p
Back to top Go down
theblackrabbit
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
theblackrabbit

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:39 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. (: I didn't see this topic. I luuuurve Skip Beat.

I don't think Kyoko can properly fix Ren's dark past till she deals with her own. I wanna meet Kyoko's mom. >.> So Kyoko can round house kick her ass for leaving her. D:< Yeah but once she learns how to love, I think her and Ren are smoothe sailing to lovers land <3
Back to top Go down
hikaru_424
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 am

I love Skip Beat. I love it so much that I bought the manga in Chinese way before it got licensed by Viz under their shoujobeat department. Then when it was licensed I also bought it in english. I also went around joining all the yahoo groups that were scanlating it and hunted down the raws as well. Have a mentioned that I could barely read the manga in chinese since the characters are so hard since they use a lot of traditional characeters and i still don't know a lot of simplified characters so it was like a big waste of my money but I thought it was worth it. lol....

Anyway I'm a huge Ren fan so I hope that Kyouko will hurry up and just realize and avt on her feelings for Ren.
Back to top Go down
cookymon
Sakura Tree Lovers
Sakura Tree Lovers
cookymon

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:00 am

I love love love Skip Beat. It's amazing. There's so much comedy and drama and character development and romance and IT'S JUST PERFECT MOST OF THE TIME. When you have to wait every month for new chapters though, the development feels a little bit slow.

As much as I adore Ren, I have a soft spot for Sho. I can't pick between the two ;___; I really want to find out about Ren's past, and I also want Sho to get with the program and realize he is REALLY ACTUALLY MADLY IN LOVE WITH KYOKO.
Back to top Go down
http://starrynights-prettylights.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Skip Beat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Skip Beat! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skip Beat!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BloodySakura :: Guild Lobby :: AniMa Lounge-
Jump to: